Sunday, February 17, 2013

Arizona/California Trip

Rob and I just returned from a week-long kid-free trip, part vacation, part meetings.  Rob had a conference in Tempe, AZ, and we enjoyed some extra days filled with sightseeing, good food, and time together.

On our first full day, we hiked in Scottsdale, AZ at the McDowell Sonoran Preserve - 8.4 miles, to be exact.






We hiked up to Inspiration Point, timing it to enjoy our lunch there.  We.Were.Starving.  The hiking was gorgeous, but a bit challenging at some points.  It was totally worth it, though.


Can you see how desperate I am?  I packed several things, apple wedges with peanut butter being on the menu.  I could not get the peanut butter open.  Rob had been taking un-flattering pictures of me all day, so I guess he saw another good opportunity!




This was a great start to our trip!  We were so ravenous by that evening, that we inhaled double-double burgers with cheese during our first experience at in-n-out burger.  Yum.



The next day we impulsively decided to hop in our rental car and drive five hours west to San Diego.  We loved it!  We didn't take tons of pictures, but I'll share the highlights.  We utilized yelp to nail down great little restaurants.  None of our meals totaled more than $30, and they were all fabulous.

It's good to be back, but time with Rob and time in the warmth and sunshine were priceless. 

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing more of your trip. Love those photos from Scottsdale, amazing scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures from Arizona. Looking forward to the CA/San Diego post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiking is not my idea of fun but Im glad you did something you enjoy. I like that pic of you wrestling with the peanut butter...Im imagining you being ravenously hungry and struggling to get that lid open! He captured your desperation perfectly!

    I can taste that burger from here ...mmmm

    ReplyDelete