Before we head into my least favorite time of year (winter), I'd like to try to celebrate the pleasures of fall. I do enjoy the cooler temperatures, especially the less humid days. I think the hardest part about winter for me is the shorter amounts of sunshine. I've found that I am an easily pleased creature: enough food, rest, and sunshine make me fairly happy.
Things I'm loving lately - fall inspired.
1. Pumpkin Spice bagels (Thomas')
2. My haircut! I invest in a good haircut about once a year and I love it! It's pretty short, but it's so easy. I have an appointment to have it highlighted in two weeks.
3. My new earrings. I'm not sure if I'm cool enough to pull them off, but I think they're super cute. I got them at Collage.
3. Clean flower beds. My mom stopped by today and made me pull out dead flowers, trim perennials, and rake out our flower beds. It looks so much better!
4. A surprise flower bouquet! My doorbell rang this morning while I was in the shower and when I went to the front porch I found these. Courtesy of Jessica and Friends blossoms to blessings program.
5. These toppings from Stonewall Kitchen. I never need an excuse to eat bread, but if I did, this would be it. I think I like the apple butter the best. But I love them both. Especially with cream cheese and a pumpkin spice bagel. Yum.
I received these and other treats from my friend, Whitney, at Collage. Thanks, Whitney!
6. The view from our front porch. I love the colors of fall!
7. My new baggallini. I got mine from Collage. It's the perfect size for me. I'm a minimalist. I carry my phone, keys, sunglasses, debit card, checkbook, and pen. The best part is that when it gets dirty, I can throw it in the washer and it looks like new!
8. Apple cider. From Brown's Orchards. I'm not a big fan of Brown's, but they make a mean cider.
9. Making Christmas lists! We don't spend much on Christmas, but I do love trying to find thoughtful gifts for our kids, parents, and our sisters and their children. We've exchanged names on both sides of the family, so it will be fun to actually start shopping.
10. Two new babies! Two of Rob's sisters are expecting children. The running total will be at three kids each, so we'll see how long that lasts! I can promise you that there will be no competition here. If they want to beat us, we wish them luck! :)
Well, that's what I'm loving lately. How about you? I bet you Aussies are loving the warmer weather and fresh produce! Enjoy the sunshine for me.