Thursday, August 16, 2012

Corn and Black Bean Relish

As I was writing my last post, I was planning to embed the link for the recipe for corn and black bean relish.  I discovered that I've never shared the recipe for this little gem!

Like so many of the recipes I use, the ingredients are few, but the flavor is mighty! 

This recipe: eight ingredients. 


This dish, like all others, tastes best when corn is in season, straight from the cob - but use what you have.

Corn and Black Bean Relish

2 cups fresh or frozen corn
1 can black beans, drained
1 small jar pimientos, drained
1 lime, juiced
1-2 T olive oil
pinch salt
pinch ground pepper
dash of cayenne or tabasco

mix together



It's that easy! This is perfect with grilled fish or chicken, as a side for enchiladas or tacos or served as a light lunch with fruit.  Try this and you'll be adding it to your summer repertoire - promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment