Monday, August 6, 2012

Beach Pictures Gone Wrong

With the facebook craze still going strong, vacation pictures are popping up everywhere.  I'm guilty as charged: I just downloaded 22 of our better pictures.

Our first night on vacation we walked onto the beach to watch the sunset and could hear some guy screaming at our kids.  His family was trying to take a picture (in their matching white shirts and khaki shorts) and were annoyed our kids were in the background.  Rob very quickly marched up and reminded him that they were set up right in front of an entrance to.a.public.beach.  Anyhoo.....

As I was poring through my pictures to post on facebook - you know, the ones where I look thin, the kids have a nice smile, and we all look our best, I was reminded of this.  A past post where I reminded myself that a picture, while certainly capturing a moment in time, rarely tells the whole story.

So, I thought I'd post the misfits.  The pictures where the kids were annoyed.  Where I look hideous.  The awkward photos I probably should have deleted.  Because, guess what - that's real life. 

hideous, right?

bad attitude central

still grumpy

probably bossing Kate or Emma around

no clue what I'm thinking here

look at Josh and Jonas posing

then there's this winner

weird, just weird

I look horrendous here - the hair, the fake smile, everything. blech.

is Emma trying to get away from us?

I have had nightmares about this picture since I first saw it.  yuck.

So, there you have it.  The beach photos that look more like real life than the carefully posed, matching all-smiles profile pics.  Not pretty, is it? 

We did manage to take some decent pictures.  We have at least 120 sunset pictures (yawn), and about 57 of Josh doing a 360 on his skimboard.  I'll spare you.  I do promise, however, that I'll post some good pictures soon.  It's kind of like when you want to "get the taste out of your mouth". 

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Thanks for keeping it real. They're still great pics.

    Our kids have no idea how lucky they are. In our day, we had to sit through the slide show in a blackened den...with no digital editing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those photos, all natural, real life photos.
    My DH loves to take photos. If he gets the camera his method is to wait until you are doing something, then say your name and click. This means you always have the most stupid look on your face and the finger that he has sitting over the lens never covers you face. Thank goodness for digital cameras now those photos can be deleted and not developed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved them, it's nice to see the not so perfect photos. I think you are being harsh though, you look pretty good in most of them. I, however have very few nice photos of me. I usually pulling some weird face, and not on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up. Those photos are priceless because they show you all like it really is. I love that you shared them with us. You're a lot braver than I am !

    ReplyDelete