Thursday, February 2, 2012

Quiche with potatoes

I don't really know what to call this.  I don't think it's a quiche, I guess it could be called a frittata.  I'm not really sure of the definition, but since my husband and some of my readers are purists, I should quantify it pretty soon.  Whatever it is, you'll love it!  We often have quiche and soup as a dinner during the week.  We all like it, and then the leftovers are great for lunches. 



I do have a recipe for a quiche with a potato crust, but that one seems a little labor intensive.  This was way easier, and the potato flavor was stronger, which was a win with this crowd!  It's kind of like home fries and an omelette, all in one cheesy bite.  Yeah, it's that good. 

What do you think we should call it?


Ingredients:
3 medium potatoes, cooked in the microwave until tender, then chop and set aside
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 T canola oil
salt, pepper
1/2 cup chopped deli ham
1 cup cooked broccoli florets
3 eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar, with more for topping
1/8 cup parmesan cheese
3/4 cup half and half

1.  In a skillet, saute cooked potatoes and onion until slightly browned, season to your liking with salt and pepper.  Put browned potatoes and onions into your pie plate.
2.  In a medium-sized bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.  Pour over the potato and onion mixture. 
3.  Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until mixture is set.  Just before the mixture sets, sprinkle extra cheese over, if desired, and bake until golden brown. 

This was honestly so easy!  We all loved it.  This would be perfect for brunch, breakfast, lunch, or dinner. 

3 comments:

  1. I love food like this . Simple and wholesome and great for leftovers.
    It actually looks like a fritatta to me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely delicious, and the flavors are just what I was looking for! Thanks!

    http://reminisceering.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete