Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cherry Cinnamon Bread

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! 



I realize this recipe is a little late to the party, but if you live in the US, President's Day weekend is quickly approaching - make this bread for your family sometime this weekend. 

I used the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon roll dough and then simply added some drained sour cherries.  I freeze some every summer, but I know you can purchase canned sour cherries in the baking aisle.  When I reached the step where I sprinkle the raised dough with cinnamon, sugar, and butter, I placed the cherries on top and rolled up the dough.  Instead of slicing into individual cinnamon rolls, I kept mine in a log and placed into a greased loaf pan. 

I baked my bread at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.  I added icing after the bread cooled.  We seriously loved this bread.  I will be making this again - maybe even this weekend!



note: (I halved the cinnamon roll recipe, it was just perfect for two loaves - which we ate in one day!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh man. Looks like a combination between Cherry Pudding and Cinnamon Rolls. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminds me I haven't made cinammon scrolls in forever ...

    I may have to do that this week. Love the addition of cherries but Im not keen on canned. (they're horrible here )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds nice, love cinnamon in anything!

    ReplyDelete