Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Reese's Cookies

It has been well documented that I'm not really a dessert person, and that I hate to make cookies - but these cookies....I.have.no.willpower. I don't remember the context, but whenever I have these cookies, I'm reminded of my childhood next-door neighbors. 

We didn't really live in a neighborhood.  I grew up in a pretty rural setting, where each house requires a 2 acre tract per township regulations.  The smell of manure is fairly regularly part of the surroundings.  Our nearest neighbors all had daughters, so we did enjoy summers together.  When I was in 2nd grade, our next door neighbors installed a beautiful pool.  I remember fondly eating jello pudding pops, underwater tea parties, and water routines set to 80's dance music.  I also remember eating these cookies while we were taking a break from swimming [and playing Tetris]. 

It was a pretty charmed childhood.

Maybe that's why I have no willpower with these cookies - good times, good memories.  Or, these cookies are just really tasty.  Peanut butter chips, a chocolate cookie batter - is there anything better?



Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies (courtesy of the Reese's peanut butter chips package)
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups softened butter (I use half shortening, half butter)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
10 oz package peanut butter chips

1.  Cream softened butter and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla extract.
2.  Add dry ingredients.  Stir in peanut butter chips.  Refrigerate batter for at least two hours.
3.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. Girl...if it weren't 100° right now, I'd be baking and eating up these cookies. For now, I'll save this recipe for a cooler day. They'll be perfect for Friday treats for our bus driver this school year! Thanks for sharing.

    PS...Why don't you like baking cookies? They're one of my favorites to bake because they're so easy! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I wont make these but like satays they look delicious.

    (I always want to eat satays despite the fact I know they could kill me..they smell so great!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would eat these, and bake them, often! BUT, we don't have peanut butter chips here. Oh we are so deprived here in Oz.

    ReplyDelete