Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oatmeal Baked Peaches

Peach season is in full swing here in the Northeast.  I usually buy the "seconds" peaches at the fruit stand, mostly because I don't like waiting for the "firsts" to ripen.  We cut them up for our cereal, we slice them for our ice cream, and at least once a week I bake some peach halves with a crumb topping. 

Super simple, and the perfect complement to a summer meal! 

Halve peaches, leaving the skin on if desired (wash the "fuzz" off of the skin, if using, first).



Combine 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup oats.  Cut in 7 Tbsp butter until crumbs form.  Top each peach half with 2 T crumb mixture.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. 






Our dinner last night: cheeseburgers with grilled onions, baked parmesan tomatoes, and steamed green beans.


4 comments:

  1. I'd consider those baked peaches breakfast! Fruit and Oatmeal, right? ☺

    What time is supper? I think I can be there this afternoon. Happy Wednesday! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography talent makes me drool as much as the food. Wow.

    A neighbor just gave us fresh peaches! Guess who's making this recipe tonight!? (If the boys don't eat them all before I get home, which is entirely possible).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fresh peaches . One of my enduring childhood memories is of eating peaches fresh from the tree at my parents house.

    What! No purple beans for dinner? I've become rather partial to the idea of growing purple beans since your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah really Shay???? Snort!
    Kirsten, can you really wash the fuzz off peaches? I love peaches but can't stand the furry texture of the skin, so I always peel them, if I can be bothered. I usually go for nectarines instead - smooth skin!!

    ReplyDelete