Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day #5



I had mentioned a few posts ago that I wanted to try a recipe I'd found for shrimp packets. Basically, the recipe includes season-less ramen noodles, shrimp, mushrooms, green onions, broth, and asian seasonings. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry and didn't double-check the recipe (and forgot to add the broth). The result was crunchy ramen noodles and salty shrimp. I do hope to make this one more time, as there was enough potential in the final product to inspire me to try, try again. I had bought a 2-lb bag of frozen shrimp and only used about 1/3 of the bag for the packets, so I had some leftover shrimp in my freezer. I decided to use them for dinner last night. I simply wrapped bacon around them and baked for about 15 minutes at 425 degrees. I dipped mine in a combination of Stonewall Kitchens (SK) roasted garlic and onion jam and SK bourbon molasses mustard. Yum. I love the combination of sweet and salty!

On the side we enjoyed pierogies (cheesy mashed potatoes tucked inside won-ton wrappers). Steamed broccoli rounded out our little dinner! We enjoyed eating with our favorite neighbors! The kids all had fun playing outside until way past dark last night. I had bought Kate a few jump ropes for her class at school (apparently the other 2nd grade classes have been "borrowing" her classrooms recess toys) and the kids had a blast playing with them last night. We also finally set up the basketball net. Kate and Josh came inside very dirty, but very happy!

3 comments:

  1. YUM, this looks like a good let's-hope-for-spring meal! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see the Tasty Kitchen Blog mentions a recipe for homemade won-ton wrappers?

    It was a beautiful day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not every day is going to be a restaurant quality meal and experimenting is good, even if it was unintentional.

    You complimented me on my meal plan and I've just scrolled through your week and yours looks pretty darn fine to me as well. On top of which you catered for a party!

    Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete