Monday, March 8, 2010

Day #4: Hopscotch and Roast Beef






Emma and I enjoyed some time outside this morning. When she went to school I shopped for the "spring fling" party on Thursday (yes, I thought March 11th was Wednesday -
I'm really together!). By the way, I kinda cheated on my own challenge. I bought ketchup for $1.49 today and also stopped at Subway for a veggie delite 6-incher for $2.92. Is it cheating if I fessed up? Oh, well, I still haven't run to the dairy, so at this point I'm still under $100. I also ordered a few Easter outfits from the Gap, but that doesn't count, right?

This afternoon was perfect for a nice four-mile run and then it was time to finally wash my truck. It's amazing how a little thing can make such a big difference. That, and I scrubbed my kitchen floor and sanitized my bathroom with lots of bleach. I waited until I was sure we were free from our viruses, don't worry, I spot-cleaned after every occurence, this was a top-to-bottom cleaning). All in all, a pretty productive day (my standards are pretty low!).




Tonight's dinner: Roast beef with mashed potatoes (and not enough gravy) with steamed peas. We also had cornbread with butter and honey.

3 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? That sounds VERY productive to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thanks! It's just that I've discovered the one down-side of spring: with all the sunlight, it is very obvious (very) just how disgustingly dirty our house really is- here's hoping I'll somehow stay motivated to actually be moderately productive every day until I can get this place whipped into shape! (I'll keep you posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with the above comment--anytime i clean with bleach it = a productive day, indeed (because i took that extra needed step to sanitize, haha). glad your family is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete