Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day #2

What a beautiful day here in PA! The girls and I enjoyed a scooter ride around the neighborhood until Emma had a spill. Poor baby really gouged her knees and hands. Rob usually does all the "clean-up" in the injury department, but I did the best I could and finally resorted to feeding her gummi bears, a freeze pop, and a bowl of ice cream just to calm her down. At least she missed out on dinner. It wasn't the most awful thing I've ever made, but it certainly is not something I'll make again. Josh has been asking for spaghetti squash, and I decided to make it into a baked concoction with mushrooms, onions, marinara, sausage, and cheese. It would have been enjoyable (and was, at first) but the sausage was just too rich for us. I guess we're just not used to such fatty meats? I think if I make any kind of derivation, it would be to use lots of sauteed peppers instead of any kind of meat.





On the plus side, we enjoyed waffles for breakfast (again!). This time we also topped them with whipped cream, blueberry-orange sauce, and, of course, maple syrup! The blueberry sauce was simply fresh blueberries, sugar, orange rind and juice, and a dash of cinnamon. I put the bowl into the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes and it was a perfect compliment to the whipped cream and waffles.


I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend. As for our house, we're going to try to avoid any further injury!

5 comments:

  1. Waffles look good...the other...you know how I would feel about that...........

    If you needed an instant cheer-er up-er you should have broken out the box of jewelry!!

    Sounds like things are falling apart over there, I've missed a lot being away for 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waffles look great Kirs! So sorry about Emma's spill-sure miss those kiddos!
    Aunt Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. where do you FIND spaghetti squash, because iowa just does not have it. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and PS...you're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abbie...
    spaghetti squash really is delicious (without sausage!)....I just get mine at my discount grocery store...what a bummer you can't get it...
    I was almost not going to post the picture, but Josh took it and the kids are kind of interested to see some of this stuff show up on the internet! :) thanks...you're too sweet!

    ReplyDelete