Monday, January 4, 2010

A Little Name-Dropping...

I'm sure I've mentioned some of the luxuries I simply can't live without. I refuse to exist without good toilet paper and paper towels. I can't clean my house without "magic erasers". My life would be very empty without my trusty, old laptop (the one I've now dropped at least ten times and still somehow turns on). I adore having a good book (especially from the local library, as I'm a consummate cheapskate). As you can tell from this very sparse list: I am unbelievably practical. It's just who I am. I'm just very no frills utilitarian.

There are, however, things I could live without, I just don't want to. Here is a list of some things that make my life a little more enjoyable. Some of these things are on the expensive side, but I guess it's all relative. The socks I wear every day during the winter are upwards of $15/pair (of course I buy them for $3.99 at a local discount store, but I'd dare say I'd pay $15, I love them that much).

Here is my ever-increasing list:
1. Smartwool socks (I really can't overemphasize my utter devotion to these)
2. Chobani yogurt
3. Mott's natural blueberry applesauce
4. Kashi pumpkin-spice flax granola bars
5. Eucerin Calming Creme
6. Oil of Olay complete all day moisture (with spf 15)
7. Keen shoes (I only have one pair, but I'm hooked)
8. Stonewall kitchens jams and jellies
9. Perrydell milk, cream, butter, and ice cream (our local dairy)
10. Martha Stewart Living flannel sheets
11. Cheese: goat, gorgonzola, feta, cheddar
12. Burt's Bees lip balm
13. Dove deodorant
14. Epicurious.com
15. ThePioneerWoman.com
16. My vehicle (I'm totally in love with this 10yr-old beast)
17. Grape-nuts
18. J-Mar Farms (a local farmstand I buy from as much as possible during the summer)
19. Comcast on demand Exercise TV
20. Ina Garden (did anyone read the story about Ina and Jennifer Garner?)


Well, there it is, a few little things that make my days a little more sunny (during these gray and cold days). I kind of need to treat myself just to get past winter. I am not a fan. At all.

Have you gotten hooked on any of these things? I'd love to hear your "luxuries" list! Please share-

2 comments:

  1. I would put some of the same on my list... but I would move #7 to #1, for sure!!! I'm so happy for you! Welcome to the world of Keens. They are so lovely, comfortable, and addicting.

    #6, #7, #9, #11, #13, #15, #16 (mine not yours), #18 (KenMar and Ilyes) all would be on my list. I was just telling someone yesterday that one of my problems with winter is that the fruit stands aren't open and I try very hard to avoid the grocery store - so we do a lot of frozen fruit and veggies in the winter. And that just doesn't taste as good as fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I so wish we had some farmers willing to plant some fall and winter veggies! At least I'll be thankful for summer produce! Next time you're in the market for Keens, definitely try sierratradingpost.com
    Thanks for sharing your list, Marion!!

    ReplyDelete