Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes



Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (makes 24)

1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

mix all ingredients and beat for 2 minutes. Place into cupcake papers and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center emerges clean.
Let cool and top with chocolate buttercream frosting. I put my frosting into a ziploc baggie, snipped a small corner off of the end and piped the frosting in circle on top of the cooled cupcake.

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
6 T softened butter
1/2 cup cocoa
4 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
6 cups powdered sugar

Using a hand mixer, combine ingredients to achieve the consistency you desire. I use these measurements as my baseline and add more milk/cocoa/10x sugar as needed.

2 comments:

  1. YUM. Those look incredible. What is 10x sugar? Or is it just powdered sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and ps...I love Alton as well :) He's so...formulaic. Ha! And the link below to my blog doesn't include a "www." it's just "abigailish.blogspot.com"--just letting you know!

    ReplyDelete