Monday, September 28, 2009

What the world eats in a week....

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/CollegeAndFamily/RaiseKids/what-the-world-eats.aspx?GT1=33004&slide-number=1

I just watched this slideshow and thought it was very interesting. I usually don't budget what I purchase for food, but it would be interesting to lay out what we eat in a week and figure out the cost. How about you? Do you budget a certain amount for groceries?

I couldn't believe (well, I kind of could...) the horrendous things the U.S. family was eating. I counted maybe one or two fruits in that pile of processed foods, sodas, take-out pizzas, and juices. Also heartbreaking, but in a different way, were the pictures of those precious kids [in Ecuador and Mali] who really don't have much food to eat in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment