Saturday, August 29, 2009

Strata with leftover whatever(s)....

I am totally in love with the recipe! It is the best way to use leftover cheeses, veggies, bread, etc. My five year-old and I make this together: I cut up the ingredients and she assembles. I think I just love it because there really is no concrete recipe and I secretly LOVE using whatever ingredients I have to come up with something new (it makes me feel frugal).

so, here it is....kinda


Breakfast Strata
french bread, cubed (1/2 medium-sized loaf)
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
any combination of: leftover veggies (grilled are the best), cheeses, meats, and fresh herbs


1. Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
2. In mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, and parmesan cheese until rather smooth.
3. Layer: bread cubes, veggies, meats, cheeses.
4. Pour egg mixture over. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
****here was our last version: leftover grilled peppers and onions, cubed cheddar cheese, sliced ham, basil, parsley, chives, and mozzarella cheese on top****
Please share your creations!!!

2 comments:

  1. ok see that is what i need- i can't stand leftovers.. we usually give them to our neighbors. (they are friends.. they love leftovers) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's what kirs usually does with her leftovers...gives them to her neighbors! and we love them!

    ReplyDelete